Ultimate Boot CD lets you run
diagnostics from CD, not from an unwell hard drive or a series of teeny
floppies. You can create a boot CD with any of a variety of hard drive
diagnostics, hard disk management programs, memory diagnostics, Linux-based
rescue discs, and more.
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:
• Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are
shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when
you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
• Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you
do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic
tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the
• Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD.
Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right
floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot
CD is for you!
• New! Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick. A script on the CD
prepares your USB memory stick so that it can be used on newer machines that
supports booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you would
from the CD version.
When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu will be displayed, and you
will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually
boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
Tools currently included in the Ultimate Boot CD
Changes in version 5.0.0:
- Updated PLoP Boot Manager to V5.0.10.
- Updated Memtest86+ to V4.10.
- Updated HDClone to V3.8.5.
- Updated SeaTools for DOS to V2.17.
- Updated AVIRA AntiVir Rescue System V3.6.9-20100509220907.
- Updated help and error text in ubcd2usb.cmd.